Why We Love this Tutorial:
This simple hoop design makes for a striking statement! It is super easy to make, and should take less than an hour to complete. It can be made with almost any type of small beads, which means it is also very versatile! If you choose to use smaller beads, you can make many more rows than the three we have done in this tutorial. Or example is quite small, at about 30mm across. You can make this design any size you like! I have seen some up to about 80mm across (thanks, lovely class ladies!).
Beads and Materials You’ll Need:
- Various mixed small beads. Generally 4mm to 8mm work best. We’ve used a mixture of Tiger Eye beads and Carnelian beads.
- 18 gauge Artistic Wire – any colour will work! We love the contrast of the Antique Brass with the Carnelian and Tiger Eye colours.
- 26 gauge Artistic Wire – 26 gauge will also work if that is what you have handy!
Tools You’ll Need:
- Take 15cm of 18ga wire, and shape it around a round mandrel 30mm diameter. Cut the wire, leaving a gap of about 1cm in the middle.
- Using round nose pliers, form loops on either end of the wire. Use flat nose pliers to make these loops vertically aligned.
- Take 24ga wire, and wrap 3-4 times around the base.
- Attach as many beads required to fill a row, then wrap around 3-5 times. Continue this until the pendant is filled to your liking!
- Trim any excess wire.
- Attach to a chain or beaded necklace.
Download The Free Tutorial Infographic:
|Click to see full size:|
Share this Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to My Beads with this graphic.