Why We Love This Tutorial:
This is a simply strung, long necklace that you can complete in less than an hour! We would often knot between each gemstone bead with this style of necklace, but by using tiny 15/0 seed beads we get the same effect with a lot less effort (and time, yay!). The colours in this stunning Impression Jasper pendant were the inspiration for this necklace. I’ve used deep brown Bronzite nuggets, 8mm round Fossil Jasper and some sparkly aqua blue crystal cube shaped beads. Of course you could use another pendant as your inspiration colours… (we’ve just had a huge range of gemstone pendants arrive in, which we’re very excited about!!).
Beads and Materials You’ll Need:
- 36x Polished Nugget Beads (we’ve used Bronzite Nugget Beads, and used less than one full strand).
- 44x 8mm Round Gemstone Beads (we’ve used Fossil Jasper)
- Gemstone Pendant. We have used a Impression Jasper Pendant in this design. Please note, as with all of our fancy gemstone beads and pendants, we change our stock regularly – so if this pendant is not longer available, try something different!
- 6mm Crystal Cube Beads (we’ve used aqua blue cubes – these cubes are not always available, we suggest 6x8mm aqua blue crystal rondelles if you cannot get the cubes!)
- Size 15/0 Seed Beads. Choose a colour to match – we used silver lined dark brown.
- 14mm Small Pinch Bail (we’ve used a bronze pinch bail)
- Clasp of your choice
- 2x Crimps
- 2x clamshells (or you can just use the crimps, but I like the neat look of clamshells).
- Tiger Tail (we used 0.45mm)
Tools You’ll Need:
- Flat Nose pliers (for crimping)
- Scissors (for cutting tiger tail – never use pliers for this!)
- This one’s pretty easy! Simply string all of your beads onto the tigertail in your desired pattern, using a 15/0 seed bead as a spacer between each bead. Don’t forget to add the pendant when you get to the middle point! The pattern for this design is (from the clasp):
- 3x Crystal Cubes – 11x 8mm round jasper beads – 3x crystal cubes – 9x gemstone nuggets – 3x crystal cubes – 11x 8mm round jasper beads – 3x crystal cubes – 9x gemstone nuggets – pendant (add the pinch bail to the pendant first!) – then do the other side of the necklace as you have just done.
- Finish off your necklace using crimps, clamshells and the clasp of your choice.
- And that’s it! Super simple 🙂