Why we love this tutorial:
Here’s another lovely memory wire bracelet… I love making memory wire bracelets – simply thread on your beads, loop the ends, and you’re done! I’ve used some of our new gemstone rondelle beads in this bracelet, in bloodstone and carnelian. I’ve also used a bunch of our antique-look bronze spacer beads (we’ve just had a whole heap of new styles arrive in!). To space this one out, I have used size 11/0 seed beads in a matte bronze colour. As with almost all of our tutorials, you could make this bracelet using totally different coloured beads – I have also started a design using the deep grey Larvikite rondelles and some pretty pastel pink rose quartz rondelles (I love the contrast!).
Beads and Materials You’ll Need:
- Gemstone Rondelles
- Bronze Spacers (various designs; availability will vary but anything small in the 4mm to 6mm size works well).
- 11/0 seed beads (we’ve used bronze)
- Charms (designs vary)
- 5mm Jump rings
- Memory Wire
Tools You’ll Need:
- Round Nose Pliers
- Cutting Pliers
- Cut your memory wire to you desired number of loops. Our bracelet has five full loops. Form a small loop in one end of the memory wire using your round nose pliers.
- Thread on your beads! Although we have put our beads on fairly randomly, there is some method to the madness! We have grouped the beads together, in lots of 5. And we have repeated certain patterns within these groups. We have used small bead caps either side of the gemstone rondelle sections. And we have separated each section with a group of about 1 inch (2.5cm) of size 11/0 seed beads. But these are just examples – you may design your groups in anyway that you fancy.
- Finally, after all of your beads are on the wire, form a loop at the other end using your round nose pliers. Your loop will require about 1cm of clear wire.
- Make the charm dangles (one for each end). Simple take a 5mm jump ring, open it up using pliers, and attach to the loop on your charm. Close up the jump ring and thread onto the first loop and the last loop of your bracelet.