Why We Love This Tutorial:
This is a simply strung, long necklace that you can complete in less than an hour! We would often knot between each gemstone bead with this style of necklace, but by using tiny 15/0 seed beads we get the same effect with a lot less effort (and time, yay!). We’ve used some of our gorgeous new nugget freshwater pearls mixed with some lovely natural Amethyst beads for this necklace. We’ve just had a huge range of gemstone pendants arrive in, so the choice of colour combinations is endless!
Beads and Materials You’ll Need:
- 28x Nugget Freshwater Pearls (we’ve used these lilac nugget freshwater pearls. If these are no longer available, another pearl in lilac that is of a larger size – 10mm+ – will work just fine!).
- 30x 8mm Round Gemstone Beads (we’ve used Banded Amethyst 8mm Beads)
- Gemstone Pendant. We have used a Amethyst Nugget Drop Pendant in this design. Please note, as with all of our fancy gemstone beads and pendants, we change our stock regularly – so if this pendant is not longer available, try something different!
- 6mm Crystal Cube Beads (we’ve used mauve AB cubes – these cubes are not always available, we suggest 6x8mm mauve crystal rondelles if you cannot get the cubes!)
- Size 15/0 Seed Beads. Choose a colour to match – we used mauve. Clear and silver lined clear would also work.
- 14mm Small Pinch Bail (we’ve used a silver pinch bail)
- Clasp of your choice
- 2x Crimps
- 2x clamshells (or you can just use the crimps, but I like the neat look of clamshells).
- Tiger Tail (we used 0.3mm)
Tools You’ll Need:
- Flat Nose pliers (for crimping)
- Scissors (for cutting tiger tail – never use pliers for this!)
- This one’s pretty easy! Simply string all of your beads onto the tigertail in your desired pattern, using a 15/0 seed bead as a spacer between each bead. Don’t forget to add the pendant when you get to the middle point! The pattern for this design is (from the clasp):
- 5x 8mm round Amethyst beads – 3x crystal cubes – 7x pearl nuggets – 3x crystal cubes – 5x 8mm round Amethyst beads – 3x crystal cubes – 7x pearl nuggets – 3x crystal cubes – 5x 8mm round Amethyst beads – pendant (add the pinch bail to the pendant first!) – then do the other side of the necklace as you have just done.
- Finish off your necklace using crimps, clamshells and the clasp of your choice.
- And that’s it! Super simple 🙂