Have you ever wanted to create your own unique, beautiful jewellery in a fun and social environment? Our beading classes are for you!
We have listened to your feedback, and we have changed the format of our classes. Each class will teach a particular design of jewellery. Of course you can still improvise slightly and use whichever colours you like. We won't be repeating too many of the classes, except the very basic classes such as 'Stringing 101' and 'Earrings 101'. So if you like a design, book into the class as we probably won't teach that exact design again!
For detailed information on booking and selecting your beads for class, please scroll to the bottom of this page.
- Classes run for an hour and a half.
- Most classes start at 2pm on Saturday when the store closes.
- Most classes are suitable for beginners, unless otherwise specified.
- Classes are not designed for children, however some may be suitable. Please enquire with us about the specific class you would like your child to attend.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Tools and Materials:
- Classes are limited to six people, so please book early to ensure your place.
- Classes are to be paid for at the time of booking - either in person at the shop or on the phone by credt card.
- If you wish to cancel, please do so at least 48hours before the commencement of the class. Otherwise we are unable to refund your payment for the class.
- We reserve the right to cancel the class if less than four places are filled. In this case, you will either be transfered to a later class, or your money will be refunded in full (the choice is yours).
- All tools are provided for use in the class. However some items such as beading needles must be purchased or brought from home. The description of each class will specify.
- Please do not bring your own beads to the class, all materials must be purchased on the day.
Selection of Beads
- Selection of beads should primarily take place prior to class. However, if you find you need something else feel free to select it whilst the workshop is running.
- We will no longer be supplying a basics pack. We do sell almost all of the basic findings loose if you only want one of something (like a clasp for example). We will provide a list of essential items you will need to participate in the workshop.
- As before, unless specified in the workshop outline, please do not bring your own beads from home. We will from time to time specify if you are encouraged to bring your own tools and sometimes some expensive items (like fireline thread).
- Specific details on how to purchase:
- If you are buying loose beads, please use the white trays to collect all the pink pricing tags.
- If you are buying strands, please keep the pink tag from the top of the strand in your tray.
- If you are purchasing bags of beads/findings, please keep the plastic bag in your tray.
- If you are purchasing from a jar, please take the jar up to the counter at the end. More than likely other members from the workshop will have used some of the same item so you can leave it at the counter.
TIGERTAIL AND CRIMPS will always be supplied to use in class free of charge.
Basic findings are permitted to be brought to class, but please keep in mind the class fee goes directly to the instructor so please do not take advantage of this by bringing in your own beads.